About Dickson-Williams Mansion
Located in Historic Downtown Greeneville, the mansion was designed and constructed by two craftsmen from Ireland (1815-1821). The circular staircase, rising three full flights, is the "tour de force" of the builder's art. Built by William Dickson, Greeneville's first postmaster, for his only child, Catharine, this house served as headquarters for both Union and Confederate armies during the Civil War. Tours daily at 1 p.m. are limited to 12 people. Reservations required for groups over 12 people.